The American River College women's tennis team capped a successful 2017 season with exceptional individual performances at the State Tournament April 26-30 in Ojai. The performances follow the team's Big 8 Conference championship and a solid result in the NorCal Regional Tournament.
Here are the State results:
- · Sophia Taber narrowly lost a tough first-round match to Graciela Favela of Imperial Valley, 6-2, 5-7, 7-5.
- · Viktoriya Lavor had a deep run in the tournament. She beat Liz Aceves of Cerritos 6-2, 6-2 in the second round (after a first-round bye) before falling to Bailey Sindle of Ventura 6-2, 7-5.
- · Sabryana Boudreau lost her second-round match with Veronika Kremennaya of Palomar, 6-4, 6-1.
- · Aggie Johnson fell in a tight second-round match to Kaylee DeFrees of Bakersfield, 7-5, 6-3.
- · Lavor and Taber lost an epic second-round battle with Samantha Moreto and Ellia Rosado of Riverside, 6-3, 7-6, 12-10.
- · Boudreau and Michelle Camacho fell 6-0, 6-2 to Stephanie Kingham and Violet Simpson of El Camino.
- · Kirsten Chrisco and Johnson lost an epic battle, 6-4, 2-6, 10-5, to Veronika Kremennaya and Chihiro Nishijima of Palomar.
"I'm so proud of everyone's performance at State," said Coach Steve Dunmore. "They battled hard at the highest level of community college competition after a season full of improvement and growth. I commend our sophomores on two great seasons at ARC and I can't wait to work with our talented freshmen in 2018."